Tuesday, January 14, 2014

W.I.P. Wednesday

My work in progress this week has been bordering and finishing the embroidery I bought while on holidays.  Thanks to everyone who gave input regarding the border fabrics - the majority said orange for the outer border and that's what I ended up going with.  I'm really happy with how it turned out and now need to figure out how in the world to baste & quilt it!  Obviously I won't quilt over the embroidery block, and probably some straight quilting lines in each of the frames would do, but we'll see!  Any ideas?


Linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

Susan said...

It's looking great with the blue and orange border Heather! I'm wondering whether you could do a line of quilting closely echoing the red 'scallop' embroidery line, to maybe anchor it all a little more?

Toni said...

Looks fabulous! I think you definitely made the right call on the borders. I'll be watching to see how you finish it!

Leslie said...

Love the orange! ha! even though I thought the red with the aqua would look cutest, this does look relaxing! very pretty!

Erica said...

This turned out so pretty. I don't know about quilting, it might even work to just stitch in the ditch around the border seams so that it's quilted but not distracting from the embroidery. Lines would look great too!

nicole said...

Love the orange and aqua together with it, looks gorgeous!

Carla said...

Beautiful choices Heather : )